The confession concerning the only Mediator Jesus Christ who meets all the standards of God
- The perfect Mediator
- The promised Mediator
Scripture reading: 1 Corinthians 1:18-31
But…who is our Mediator?
- This question comes out of our confusion
- This question finds it answer in God’s grace.
Scripture reading: Hebrews 12:18-24
The confession of one Mediator between God and man
- Between us and God
- Between God and us.
Scripture reading: none given in the original source
The redemption of sinners according to the Gospel
- Through Christ, who is presented therein
- Through his work, which is revealed therein
- According to the covenant promise that is more and more fulfilled.
Scripture reading: Hebrews 7:25-28
The majesty of Immanuel
- The only Mediator, him alone and no other.
- The inexpressible gift, him entirely and nothing else.
- The Christ of Scripture, him forever, for now and eternity.
Scripture reading: Isaiah 7:14
God has given Christ Jesus as our Mediator
- We see his shadow in the Old Testament
- We see him clearly in the New Testament
Scripture readings: Leviticus 4:27-35, Hebrews 10:1-10
The Word and the Word – God’s revelation of Jesus Christ
- The nature of the Word inscripturated
- The natures of the Word incarnated.
Scripture readings: John 1:1-18, John 5:31-47
The gospel announces our Mediator and Deliverer
- Who this Mediator and Deliverer is
- Where this gospel is found
Scripture readings: Leviticus 25:8-17, 25-28; 1 Timothy 2
In the gospel God reveals our perfect Mediator:
- He is revealed as true and righteous man
- He is revealed as true God
- He is revealed as Jesus Christ
Scripture readings: Job 9, Hebrews 7:23-28
Who is Christ the Mediator?
- He is our righteousness
- He is our redemption
- He is our atonement
- He is our peace
Scripture readings: Romans 3:9-31, Romans 5:1-11
The holy gospel reveals how God atones for sin
- The many imperfect sacrifices
- The one perfect sacrifice
Scripture readings: Leviticus 16:1-34, Hebrews 9:11-15
What does the Scripture say?
- There is a gospel
- There is a Mediator
- There is a Lord
Scripture readings: Galatians 3:6-14, Galatians 3:26-4:5
The gospel reveals God’s blueprint for the Great Exchange
- Who could make this exchange
- What was involved in this exchange
Scripture readings: Leviticus 16, 2 Corinthians 5:9-21
We know the truth because the God of truth has told us
- Where does the Scripture come from?
- How did the Scripture get here?
- What consequence follows?
Scripture readings: Jeremiah 28, Isaiah 44:24-28
The properties of the person of Jesus Christ
- As pure man
- As true God
- As the fulfilled gospel
Scripture readings: Hebrews 1 and Hebrews 2:14-18
It is the gospel of God that Jesus is the Mediator
From the Scriptures we see how God:
- Himself revealed it
- Had it proclaimed
- Had it foreshadowed
- Had it fulfilled
Scripture readings: Romans 1:1-7, 1 Timothy 1:12-2:7
R. H. Bremmer
Christ as our Redeemer
- He can be that
- He wants to be that
- He is that too
Scripture reading: Ruth 3, Hebrews 2:10-18