Bible Study Resources
A while ago, I received a request to provide a list of some trustworthy online Bible study resources. The background to this is Reformed people venturing out into cyberspace to research passages, only to be led off the track by resources that are not faithful. I replied to this request and thought it worth sharing here as well. The list below does not imply my endorsement of everything published on each of these sites. While all of these resources come from a Reformed orientation (all of them are managed by confessionally Reformed and Presbyterian believers) they still need to be used with discernment. We ought always to have the spirit of the Bereans, testing everything against the Scriptures to see whether these things are really so (Acts 17:11). Here’s the list:
- http://theseed.info/ — presently has over 2000 Reformed sermons on a wide variety of Scripture passages and Lord’s Days from the Heidelberg Catechism. This resource should get more attention as a Bible Study aid.
- http://www.ligonier.org/ — the teaching ministry of the late R.C. Sproul.
- http://thirdmill.org/ — has heaps of resources, both regarding Scripture and theology. Some are at a seminary level, but I think a lot of it will be accessible to regular folk.
- https://www.monergism.com/ — a comprehensive collection of older Reformed writings, including commentaries.
- https://reformedbooksonline.com/ — includes links to dozens of online commentaries. Run by a couple of my acquaintances from the US, both solid men.
I know there are only five links there, but in those five links are thousands of pages of biblical exposition and other study aids. Enjoy!